1. THOZAN GROUP (Sr iram)
- Based in Chennai, Sriram is the representative
here is Bangalore .
- They have worked closely with India Sudar in a
- Fund raising are done among friends & execute
- Taking one project at a time! and executing.
- Operating with limited Trustee team to achieve a level of experience.
- More corporates can be made to join the
consortium for expansion can be done through presentations to corporate.
2. MUKTHA FOUNDATION (Arun Kumar,
Karthik, Usha )
- All of the members work with ARM technologies. Involved in field works
- They are also associated with Muktha Foundation.
- Muktha foundation is involved in integrating the
requirements in field
and volunteers for the work.
- Work is being done through their website & volunteers can register for the
work of their choice.
- Currently involved with “Sahashra Deepika Children’s Home”, Bangalore .
- They have provided educational aids for the school & try to raise funds
for various other needs of the Home.
- Raised a good point about each team to share their “lessons learnt” in the
respective projects. Though this involves little more work might help the
groups in longer run. May be we can follow for the future projects.
- Suggested this group meeting alteast for once in
3. CHANGES GROUP(Vignesh, senthil)
- Mainly started to carry activities in educational & general empowerment
of the underprivileged.
- Funding source is among the members.
- Carrying out activities at a home in Bangalore
- The “Village Model” they are adopting is to involve the nearby college
students in the work. Their experience is that the college has continuous
flow of students & new students take over the work.
- Based on other group called “Puthiyathoor” lead
by a college Professor.
- Are in the process of preparing taching
material for Kids. Ready to share material when complete.
- Vignesh will try to see if we can access material
of Azim Premji materials
for free educational projects.
- A charitable educational trust.
- Has carried on Educational projects in state of Kerala,
Karnataka & Andhra Prasdesh.
- Has been involved in “Open charity Platform” to partner with other groups.
- Main requirement in project execution is to maintain account transparency.
So maintains all accounts on site itself. Has individual
project coordinators for each project. They are
responsible for project execution , tracking it
The group informed about the progress.
- Experience has shown projects coming voluntarily out of members are
more successful. Because the member volunteer takes full responsible
for the own idea. Ind!
will suppor them.
- Looking forward to help of other groups.
- A group formed to spread Dr.Kalam’s India
Vision 2020 ideas.
- Has been involved with various above groups for the projects.
- More a coordinate functions for various projects.
- has helped for teacher deployment in homes at Chennai, Bangalore ,
- Continuosly look for new
venues to execute India
- Also involved in spreading awareness of India Vision agenda.
ACADEMY , JAKKUR
- Is a school for 130 children of Srilankan
- Funding is thorugh well wishers & Donor
- Iskon’s Akshya patra gives them lunch.
- Our partner groups lead by India Sudar is helping
to deploy teacher for !
- Managers are Mr.Gracian and Mr
- Planning to scale up the strength to 300 this year.
- Shared their experience in running the school.
- The school does not have electricity for 3 yrs now.
- Govt no longer supports this school other then giving
them land 5 yrs ago.
7. KADESH CHILDREN HAPPY HOME, L B SHASTRI NAGAR
-Run by Dr.Victor for war torn children from
North Eastern state of Manipur.
-Have nearly 75 children from 5yrs to 15 yr! s.
-Gives free boarding & education for all the children
-Runs a school called “Presidency school” , Bangalore
Has two homes for boarding. The younger children
& girls in Ramamurthy nagar, banglaore & Older boys
-The funds are through volunteers & Donor agencies.
-India Sudar provided educational aids to the children.
-Dr.Victor to work with Chandran
of Indira Gandhi school to get help from “Iskon” from Akshya Patra.
Action Items :
-All the members to keep their groups informed on the integrated
-Any project requirement to be shared among partner groups.
-To help each other in the possible ways.
-To create a google group to establish
-Vignesh would see if Azim
Premji foundation material is accessible.
- Meeting once a Quarter or so.
-Encourage more participation from peer groups they know.
-Dr .Victor to work with Chandran to get Iskon help for MID DAY Meal programme.